When you are using the video call feature for the first time on Swapcard, a pop-up should appear asking for permission to use your camera and microphone. If you did not see this, or accepted it and are still having issues, please follow the below steps and instructions to troubleshoot.
1. Test your microphone and camera
Use this link to run the test. If the test shows that they are working well, continue to the next steps
2. Switch to Google Chrome
Sometimes, some browsers and certain updates for those browsers in particular may interfere with websites in general. While our goal at Swapcard is to support all browsers, switching – at least momentarily – to Google Chrome may solve the issue.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the URL field, and select Settings
- On the left side, select Privacy and Security
- Click on Site settings
- Under Camera and Microphone, check that Swapcard is listed and not blocked
3. If the issue persists
If the issue persists, please try the following, in this particular order:
- Make sure both your web browser and operating system are running the latest version
- Access through a new window using your web browser's Incognito mode
- If you are using a company device, switch to a personal device